Wednesday, July 22, 2009

13th Day



Hello again. We meet again on the 13th day report. Honestly speaking, it’s kind of lazy lately for me to post a blog since I felt tired every time I reach home from work. Sometimes, I don’t even have any idea how to post it as such that I have to think what to write. But I cross my finger to my heart, hissing to my inner self and say “keep it up Bruce, this blog will help you for your log book later”.
Well, enough for the prologue (just felt to start writing my blog in different way as it seems my previous blog is just like a template blog. Haha). Today, surprisingly Kristy is the first one came between the three of us though I came only few minutes late than her which is around 7.50 am and follow by Jack later. Today, as planned on last Monday. Lim bring me and Jack back to DBKK to install a patch panel. We went there by the time the eclipse happen which is around 9 am (though it seems we missed it but from the local news report on television, only certain place can actually see the full eclipse and Malaysia are not one of it. But still, I’ve managed to watch it for a while using a film negative. Surprisingly, this eclipse is reported to be the longest eclipse for this millennium). After went to take the patch panel from other place in the building, we headed straight to the 3rd level to install it. Lim want to put another patch panel inside the small built like server rack and need our help since it takes time to complete it alone. Kind of hard to explain the step to attach the cable to the patch panel but one thing for sure, it’s pain in the ass for your hand. Believe me, I know. To make things harder, we use the cat 6 UTP cable which is again a pain in the ass to cut it using a non-sharp playar (sorry for the wrong spelling because I didn’t know how to spell it in English). Compare to our last task in DBKK, we can’t finish it in one way. Around 12 noon, we headed back to the company to have our lunch and at the same time take some more things. OH YEAH, remember the task given by David? Seems that Kristy found a way to complete the second part though it’s not complete yet. As usual, Kristy is one step ahead of us, gosh that girl is really something. I really felt intimidated with her. Again, I loss badly on today’s CS game. =,=” Later that evening, we went back there with Kristy and Johnathan joining us this time (felt very sorry to Johnathan because I accidentally bump the van back door to his shoulder when I want to close it after taking all the stuff outside). BUT, this time the three of us are separated for the FIRST time. Jack follow Edward go somewhere, Kristy follow Kevin and I follow Lim to complete the task. There’s nothing much to say in this moment since I just redo all the things Lim taught me this morning. Gosh, it’s really not an easy task to install the patch panel and arrange the cable inside the rack (Don’t get me wrong. If I convert my contribution on percentage, I think I only do around 30-40% of it. The rest is done by Lim particularly the cable arrangement). While my hand busy cutting the cable and attach it to the patch panel, Kristy on the other hand learns on how to configure VLAN using the HP ProCurve Switch and some other things. I will say I’m lied if I don’t felt slightly envious the thing she do because that’s the real deal for our field. I’m not saying that the thing I do in DBKK is useless, in fact it’s a plus. But I still have many weeks waiting for me; I will take it slowly from here. Wondering what kind of activity I will do tomorrow, will it be plain and bored day or again another more surprise waiting? I just have to se and wait for tomorrow.
P/S: I went back on 6.34 PM today. Paling lambat la pulang ne. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment