Thursday, August 13, 2009

29th Day

I want to share something with you guys today. Have you ever felt that the time from midnight until early morning or if I simplify it in one word which is night sleep felt so short, it’s felt like a blink of an eye. Gosh, I never enjoy my morning wakeup call as I should be like last time during this practical. Maybe because I felt so tired in the office though I didn’t do much physical activity in the office. LOL. Or maybe because I just felt lazy. I wonder why? One more thing, I realized I don’t have that much time to do my usual activity such as playing games or even watching anime, it’s not that I didn’t have time at all but it just seems the time passes by so fast in home rather than in office which I wishes every single day from last 5 weeks ago. Well anyway, I just need to move forward and looks at the brighter side.
Now, for today’s activity, there’s not much thing happen. The only significant things that happen today is we send our log book to David at last for signing which we suppose to send it every week. Another thing is we officially start the backup task today. Just in case if I forgot, I will detailed the step in here. Started by backup the snapshot file from primary server and merge it to the secondary server. Then, activate the snapshot file in the secondary server. It looks easy as you thought it could be. But it’s quite tricky. Firstly, we have to copy the whole hard disk content from primary to the secondary server using SCP or secure copy command which I never use or even heard before. Then, we must make sure three things which is IP, disk space and the account username, password. After that, perform the snapshot. The next step I don’t really sure whether I’m correct or not, I will just detailed it based on today’s explanation. There are five important file that we must take notice which is .vmdk, .-flat which is the actual data, .vmx , .vmsd which is the snapshot file and .cmfx which is the descriptor for .vmx. The last step is to perform this entire step automatically. Sounds easy? Well, at least not for me.
That’s all for today’s report.

No comments:

Post a Comment