Wednesday, July 15, 2009

8th Day

Hello everyone. I’m back for the 8th day report. Today we simply a bit occupied with works but I start with my big mistake today. Just now, my cat fights with other cat (cilaka punya kucing, mau kena sepak ba tu). Then I came there as a hero to save my cat but I use the wrong way to stop the cat fight, instead of using water or broom, I use slipper because it’s the nearest thing near me. Unfortunately, when I throw the slipper towards that damn cat, I hit my cat instead. =.=” What a big mistake I have done. Though it stops the fight but it left my cat with a bruise on its right front leg.
Now back to the real deal. Today I came a bit early than usual but I have to walk a little bit far than usual because my dad is rushing for his course. So, when I arrive there. I felt a bit hot because of the walk. Instead of waiting them like the past days, I decided to come in first than them because it’s quite cold inside the office. I sign in the purple book around 7.40 am follow by Jack and Kristy. This morning I can say that we a bit occupied with works. Straightly after came in, we continue our task been given yesterday about the Autoit software. So, we concentrate on this task until we were called by Eric. Eric ask us to try troubleshoot the Nomadix modem (remember the modem that we replace in Rasa Ria Resort on the 2nd day), so it’s quite interesting to play with that modem since it’s a new device to us (though the modem itself is an old model - I notice it use SD ram). Seems that modem got problem with the ethernet port, so we try to open the casing and plug the cat-5 UTP cable directly in the modem. Seems it still return no connection. So, Eric brings the serial to USB converter and tries to use that instead. By using a software (Tera-tera ka pa. lupa nama dia), we try to boot in to the modem by console. Eric asked us to change the access control IP address so that we can use the web browser to check the modem. He actually wants us to copy the configuration file in the modem (maybe untuk backup mgkn). So, he left us there to settle that thing for him. After we change the access control IP address, boot in and copy the configuration. we try to test some of the features of the modem. Maintain the same features, this modem also support DHCP. Not bad. So, we left the modem inside the office since the modem is function again. As I say earlier, we really occupied with works that morning as we didn’t realized its already 11.30 am that usually take us like hours waiting for that time. So, we went to lunch sharp 12.15 pm. Then, around 1 pm we went back to the office. Around this time, Kristy calls on one of the trainee that also doing her practical in Srikom. Yes, u heard me. It’s “her”. At last our group of three are joined by another girl (ngam la tu, ada uda kawan c Kristy. X juga kami kena kacau oleh dia. Hahaha). I don’t remember her name actually, its maybe Alisha or Elisha (sio aa kalo ko terbaca ne blog. Sa x tertangkap betul nama ko td. Hahaha). She’s also a science computer student majoring in system study in Unimas.I consider her as my kouhai as she’s also an ex-kml after our batch. So, after a little chat between us, we headed to our own laptop to continue our works. Well, the evening session is a bit bored for us. Not bit actually, you can say very. We left there again doing nothing (bukan juga x buat pa2 langsung la. Ada la cuba main2 balik dgn Autoit tu. Tapi mcm x banyak kami bole buat dgn tu software skrang. Pasal tu task pn, mcm itu system balik2 x bole kena access). To make myself busy and avoiding sleepiness overpowering me, so I try to play with the scripting. I try to create a simple scripting that allow two number input from user and later added the number and return the answer. I successfully done that but it take me around an hour plus to complete the scripting. It seems that my basic programming really is rusty. I really need to brush up and refresh the entire thing I learned. Aaaaaaaaaa, that’s how the evening end. I ended up online and surfing until 5.30 pm.
P/S : Eric told us the modem actually got problem since it’s reboot every time we do changes in the router.
Addition: I’m not supposed to post this but I’m hoping that God really help my cousin’s family for their complication they facing now. It makes me worry about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment