Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th Day

Hello once again. I’m back to give my report for the 4th day. Today’s post will be very short and plain. I’m almost didn’t want to write a report for today activity as it’s exactly the same with the first day. Gosh, it’s damn bored and unproductive days. Still maintaining the same pattern, I was fetched there by my dad and meet with Jack at the bus stop and headed to the company after wait for a while for Kristy. Write our name, time (its 7.50 am when we reach there) and our signature. Then, as usual we headed in to the office. We sit on the chair and immediately bring out our laptop. There’s a short talk with our supervisor, David around that time (he came early today and again headed out). He talks about how Google and Yahoo maintain their servers by using one IP address (Johnathan disagree with that as he says that the Goggle got several IP address for the server. I would say I agree as I remember there’s one simple java program that use the Java.net library to return IP address based on the hostname. I tried it before) as this site hits millions access everyday. Actually he asks us how they do it because he wonders about it himself. (mcm la sa tau..haha. But I do have thought in my mind, will check that later). He also ask us how many network appliances that we know and the important behind it (this is a question), again here the word load balancer been mentioned. Then again, he has gone without any warning. A while later, one of the network engineers in there asked us whether we want join her to go Jabatan Laut to do some testing site. Same with Eric, she can only bring two people along. Of course, the priority is to Kristy as she didn’t join on the first outing. Then, we decided the second person is me. BUT to my surprise, the network engineer girl needs a laptop. UNFORTUNATELY, my laptop battery life is short. So, I was kicked out of the team (haha. just kidding. But she really need a laptop that can stand long. It just not my laptop. Laptop lama ba, satu jam ja tahan. Jack pnya laptop lagi la, setengah jam ja). Approximately around 9 to 10 am, they went out (I didn’t know the details as Kristy still doesn’t reach the company even after 5.30 pm. She's having fun maybe). So, I think my report ends here because start from that time until 5.33 pm where both me and Jack went back home, our activity is just 100% online and try to make ourselves looks busy (sa cuba baca2 juga tu buku yg c Eric bagi semalam. Smp Module 4, sa confuse sama boring uda. Haha).
That’s all for today’s report. Today’s activity is just unproductive for both me and Jack. T.T
P/S : This post also didn't contain any picture. Who want to see a picture of me and jack just sit and play with our laptop, rite?

1 comment:

  1. huhu~
    i'm not having much fun as u think.
    we just take a reading for wireless signal there.
    be patient.. we'll be given work very soon.
    hopefully... huuhuhu

    ReplyDelete